Liberian Potato Salad
Liberian Potato Salad is a traditional Liberian recipe for a classic salad of potatoes, mixed beans, French beans, onions, tomatoes, sweetcorn, and cucumber served in a spiced mayonnaise flavoured with mustard. This dish is frequently used as an accompaniment to fried chicken at a summer beach picnic.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Servings: 6Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cut into eighths and boiled until done
- 300 g can four bean mix
- 200 g green beans, trimmed, halved and lightly steamed
- 4 ripe tomatoes, sliced
- ½ medium onion, sliced into rings
- 300 g can sweetcorn
- ½ cucumber, sliced
- 200 g mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 beef stock cube
- ½ lettuce, shredded
- 1 tablespoon hot oil
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tins beef luncheon meat, cubed
- 2 - 4 hard-boiled eggs , optional
- Mix the vegetables together with the cubed luncheon meat in a large bowl. Meanwhile spoon the mayonnaise into a bowl and stir-in the hot oil (oil which has been used to cook chicken or fish is good). Add the Maggi cube, pepper and mustard and stir to incorporate. Finally add the red wine vinegar and stir in to combine. Use this mixture to dress the salad.
- Place the salad bowl in the fridge for at least 20 minutes before serving.
Rate this Recipe