Mashed Potatoes with Lemon and Capers
Give your mashed potatoes a lift by mixing through this lovely sauce of capers and lemon.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 45 minutes
Servings: 4Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 900 g mashing potatoes, peeled and quartered
- coarse cooking salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¾ cup milk
- 2 teaspoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained and coarsely chopped
- ¼ cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and fill with enough water to cover potatoes by 2 - 3 cm then bring to a boil over high heat.
- Add a generous amount of salt, reduce the heat to a simmer and continue cooking until potatoes are tender when pierced ( about 15 minutes).
- Drain and mash potatoes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine 3 tablespoons butter, milk, lemon juice, zest, and capers. Heat until butter is melted and the mixture is warm to the touch.
- Fold the milk mixture and parsley into the mashed potatoes, and season with salt and pepper. Dot with remaining tablespoon butter just before serving.
Rate this Recipe