Servings: 6 servings
- ½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ red onion, finely chopped
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Add potatoes to boiling salted water (enough to cover) and cook until tender but not falling apart. Drain and allow to cool for 10 minutes, then peel and slice potatoes into 1cm (½") thick slices.
- In the meantime, heat ¼ cup olive oil, add octopus, red pepper flakes, and garlic. Cook over high heat for about 40 minutes or until octopus is tender and has released its juices. Season octopus with salt and pepper. Allow to cool and then slice into 1cm (½") pieces.
- Mound the octopus slices attractively in the centre of a platter and arrange the warm potato slices around the edge. Sprinkle with the spring onions and parsley. Mix together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, red onion, salt, and pepper.
- Taste and adjust the seasoning, then pour the dressing over the octopus and still warm potatoes. Cover with a piece of foil and set aside in a cool place to marinate for several hours before serving.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 299kcal | Carbohydrates: 18g | Protein: 14g | Fat: 19g | Saturated Fat: 2g | Cholesterol: 40mg | Sodium: 210mg | Potassium: 736mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 395IU | Vitamin C: 20.5mg | Calcium: 69mg | Iron: 5.4mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra