A simple combination of potatoes, peas, and red onion, topped with a tasty bacon dressing making this a refreshing potato salad side dish.
- 700 g red potatoes
- 1 small red onion, chopped finely
- salt, to taste
- freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- 115 g lean sliced bacon, chopped
- 2 teaspoons plain flour (all-purpose flour)
- 1½ teaspoons sugar
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 3 large hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 2 cups shelled fresh peas, cooked
- 2¼ tablespoons minced fresh parsley
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Cut the potatoes into pea-size cubes and in a steamer set over boiling water steam them, covered, for 4 to 8 minutes, or until they are just tender.
- Transfer the potatoes to a bowl, add the onion, and toss the mixture with salt and pepper, to taste.
- In a skillet cook the bacon over moderately-low heat, stirring, until it is crisp and transfer it with a slotted spoon to paper towels to drain.
- Pour off all but 2 tablespoons of the fat from the skillet, to the remaining fat add the flour and the sugar, and cook the mixture, stirring, for 30 seconds.
- Add the vinegar and ¼ cup water, bring the mixture to a boil, whisking, and whisk in the mustard.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes mixture, add the eggs, peas, parsley, and bacon, and toss the salad well. Serve the salad warm or at room temperature.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra