This is a traditional Italian recipe for making a simple and quick potato pizza base using cooked potatoes as the foundation.
- 250 g boiled potatoes
- 60 g butter
- 120 g self-raising flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Cream the potatoes until smooth then set aside until cold. (It's best to start with freshly-cooked potatoes. You can then drain them, mash them whilst still hot so that it's easy to incorporate the butter.)
- Sift together the flour and salt into a bowl then stir-in the mashed potatoes. Bring the mixture together to a soft dough. However, if the potatoes are cold mash them very finely then set aside (do not add the butter). Sift the flour and salt into a bowl then cube the butter, add to the flour mixture and rub in with your fingertips until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
- Now add the flour and butter mix to the mashed potatoes and bring together to a soft dough with your hands.
- Turn the dough onto a lightly-greased baking tray and either roll or press into a 25cm circle.
- Use your fingers to roll the edges slightly so they're higher than the base then add the topping and bake as for any other pizza (about 10 to 15 minutes at 180°C).
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra