A simple Russian summer soup with young greens – cabbage and sorrel (sour grass) – a little sour but very fresh tasting.
- 2 cups young cabbage, shredded
- 1 medium bunch fresh sorrel leaves
- 1 cup spinach, optional
- 2 medium potatoes, chopped
- ½ medium onion, chopped
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- sour cream, optional
- parsley, for garnish
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Wash and drain sorrel and spinach, cut into thin strips, set aside. Finely slice the cabbage; Chop potatoes and onion.
- Heat heavy saucepan in medium heat, add butter and onion, sauté until slightly golden about 4-5 minutes. Add chicken broth and potato, bring to boil, cook about 15 minutes. Add salt to taste.
- Put cabbage into soup, bring to boil and cook 5 minutes more, until potato done. Add sorrel and spinach, bring to boil, cover and remove from heat. Stand for 5-7 minutes.
- Cut egg into halves, chop parsley.
- Serve soup hot, with egg half, sour cream and parsley.
Serving: 0g | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra