Servings: 4 servings
- Baking Tray
- 900 g swedes, peeled and cut into 2 cm (1") cubes
- ¾ tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ¾ tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- ¾ tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, (or 1 teaspoon dried) divided
- 1½ tablespoons honey
- ¾ tablespoon white wine vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon nutmeg
- freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3 rashers thick-sliced bacon, diced and cooked
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Place a rack just below the middle position of oven and preheat to 245°C/225°C fan-forced (475°F ; Gas Mark 8).
- Toss swedes with oil, garlic, ginger and 2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or ½ teaspoon dried thyme) in a large bowl. Arrange in a single layer on a baking tray. Roast until starting to brown on the bottom (about 15 minutes). Turn the swedes over and continue to roast until tender and golden (15 to 20 minutes more).
- Whisk honey, vinegar and nutmeg in a large bowl. Add the swedes and toss to coat; season with pepper. Stir in bacon and the remaining 1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or ½ teaspoon dried thyme).
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra