Broccoli Coconut Sweet Potato Soup
This Broccoli Coconut Sweet Potato Soup is delicious and very easy to make - you will love the combination of sweet potatoes and ginger. The ginger and pepper gives this soup a nice kick and brings balance to the sweetness of the potatoes and coconut. A no-nonsense soup with wholesome ingredients that makes a great lunch or a starter. You can puree the soup in a blender for a smooth and creamy texture or serve it as is.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Servings: 6Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 400 ml coconut milk, or coconut cream for a thicker consistency
- 1 medium-sized broccoli
- 2 large sweet potatoes, cut in small cubes
- 2 large shallots
- 1 red pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cups vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 lemon, juice
- 2 tablespoons fresh coriander (cilantro) leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat coconut oil in a large saucepan. Add the shallots and ginger and cook until the onion is soft. Add the red pepper, sweet potato and broccoli and stir well.
- Add the vegetable stock and cover.
- Bring to the boil, and reduce heat. Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the potato has softened.
- Add the coconut milk and stir well. Season with freshly ground black pepper and sea salt to taste and with lemon juice and fresh coriander.
Rate this Recipe