Sweet potatoes are native to the tropical areas of Mexico and parts of America. They were a large part of the Mayan diet and are now widely used in Mexican cuisine, especially in the state of Puebla. Try this delicious baked sweet potato dish as your next side dish.
Camote - Mexican Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 4 large sweet potatoes
- ½ cup honey
- ½ cup butter
- 1-2 pinches ground cinnamon, optional
- Peel sweet potatoes and cut them into 2 cm cubes.
- Place them in a buttered oven-safe dish, cover and bake for 45 minutes at 190°C.
- Remove and top with the remaining butter, honey and cinnamon.
- Bake uncovered for an additional 10-15 minutes.
Rate this Recipe