Pancetta Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
Whether you want a snack or a fancy side dish these baked sweet potatoes with pancetta, shiitake mushrooms, and broccoli rabe are a quick and easy option.
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Servings: 4 sweet potatoesPrint Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 4 sweet potatoes, about 225g each
- 60 g sliced pancetta, about 8 thin slices
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (rapini), tough stems trimmed, roughly chopped
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 225 g shiitake mushrooms, stemmed and sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (red pepper flakes)
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- 1 tablespoon finely grated Parmesan cheese
- freshly grated nutmeg
- Pierce each sweet potato in 4 or 5 places with a fork. Arrange on a microwave-safe plate and microwave for about 10 - 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook the pancetta in a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side until crisp (about 4 minutes). Remove and drain on paper towels.
- Increase the heat to medium high; add the broccoli rabe and ¼ teaspoon salt to the skillet and cook, stirring occasionally, about 3 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms, garlic and red pepper flakes and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are tender, about 3 more minutes.
- Mix the ricotta, Parmesan, and nutmeg to taste in a small bowl.
- Split open the sweet potatoes lengthwise and fluff the flesh with a fork.
- Top each with about 1 teaspoon of the ricotta mixture, then top evenly with the broccoli rabe mixture and the remaining ricotta mixture.
- Chop the pancetta and sprinkle evenly on top. (alternatively mix the chopped pancetta with the sweet potato in step 6)
- Serve as a side-dish or as a snack on its own.
Rate this Recipe