Stuffed Sweet Potatoes with Watercress Sauce
The sauce used to flavour these sweet potatoes is a twist on the classic South American chimichurri sauce, which uses coriander or parsley.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour
Servings: 4 Sweet PotatoesPrint Recipe Pin Recipe
For Stuffed Sweet Potatoes
To make watercress sauce
- Puree all ingredients in mini food processor until smooth. Season with salt, if desired. Let stand at room temperature while potatoes cook for flavours to develop.
To make stuffed sweet potatoes
- Position oven rack in middle and lower sections of oven and preheat to 230°C. (450°F ; Gas Mark 8). Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a fork, and put directly on middle rack. Place sheet of foil on lower rack to catch any juices. Bake potatoes for 35 - 45 minutes, or until tip of sharp knife inserted into centres pierces easily.
- Meanwhile, whisk together feta cheese and 2 tablespoons butter in medium bowl until fluffy. Whisk in the Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
- Melt the remaining ½ tablespoons butter in large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccolini, and sauté 1 minute. Add 2 tablespoons water, and cook 4 minutes more, or until broccolini is crisp-tender. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Set aside.
- Cut sweet potatoes lengthwise almost to opposite ends. Using fingertips, push short ends toward centre to open potatoes. Partially mash potato centres with fork. Drizzle 1 tablespoon watercress sauce over potatoes, then top with 2 tablespoons cheese mixture, then broccolini, then more watercress sauce and cheese mixture.
Cooks Notes & Variations
Serving: 1sweet potato | Calories: 456kcal | Carbohydrates: 51g | Protein: 12g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 51mg | Sodium: 654mg | Potassium: 860mg | Fiber: 7g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 33710IU | Vitamin C: 53.5mg | Calcium: 367mg | Iron: 2.4mg