Featuring crisp kale, citrus infused roasted sweet potato, honey mustard chicken, an aniseed orange dressing and toasted sunflower seeds, this vibrant salad is packed with goodness and exciting flavours.
Here’s What You Need[one_half]2 medium sweet potatoes
2 red onions
4 chicken breast fillets
400 g kale
60 g pepitas
sea salt and pepper[/one_half][one_half_last]120ml (½ cup) olive oil
2 tablespoons honey
2 teaspoons mustard
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
2 sprigs fresh tarragon
1 bunch parsley[/one_half_last]
Here’s What You Do
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1 orange
- 2 red onions
- 4 chicken breast fillets
- 400 g kale
- 60 g pepitas
- sea salt and pepper
- 120 ml olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
- 2 sprigs fresh tarragon
- 1 bunch parsley
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line 2 oven trays with baking paper. Peel and chop the sweet potatoes into 3 cm chunks. Peel and cut the onion into thin wedges. Finely grate the rind of half the orange.
- Put the sweet potato on one of the trays with the onion, orange zest, salt and pepper . Drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil and toss to combine. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, put the chicken directly onto a board. Place your hand on top and carefully slice in half horizontally through the middle. Combine half the honey, the mustard, 2 tablespoons oil, salt and pepper, and rub into the chicken. Put on top of the sweet potato mixture and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, remove the kale leaves, discarding the stalks, then thinly slice. Rub the kale with 1 tablespoon oil, then place on the second lined tray and roast for 5 minutes or until slightly crisp but still wilted in parts. Remove the trays from the oven and set aside.
- While ingredients are roasting, put the pepitas in a cold small fry-pan over medium heat. Toast, tossing, for 3-4 minutes until evenly golden. Remove from the heat. Juice the orange. Finely chop the tarragon and parsley, discarding the stems.
- Drain the chicken juices from the tray and combine with the orange juice, tarragon, remaining honey, remaining oil, vinegar and salt and pepper. Transfer the chicken to a board and thinly slice. Divide the roasted vegetables among plates. Top with the chicken, then drizzle over the dressing. Scatter with pepitas and parsley to serve.