[/su_brhrbr]Are you looking for a different soup to serve the family? Try this recipe for West African peanut soup. Its a delicious peanut soup everyone will love!
West African Peanut Soup
Are you looking for a different soup to serve the family? Try this recipe for West African peanut soup. Its a delicious peanut soup everyone will love!Print Recipe Rate this Recipe Pin Recipe
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced ginger root , or 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground cloves
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups fresh diced tomatoes
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 cm cubes
- ¾ cup roasted peanuts
- 6 cups chicken stock
- ½ cup peanut butter
- ½ bunch coriander, leaves chopped
- salt and freshly-ground black pepper, to taste
- Heat the oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat. Sauté the onion until lightly browned, about 8 minutes. Stir in the garlic, ginger, cumin, cinnamon, cloves, and cayenne. Sauté together 2 to 3 minutes to release their fragrance. Stir in the tomatoes and sweet potatoes, and continue to cook, stirring occasionally about 5 minutes to meld the flavours.
- Add the stock and peanuts, bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 30 minutes. Remove the soup from the heat. Using an immersion blender, puree the soup until smooth. (You could also do this in a blender or food processor — just be careful to blend in small batches and don’t burn yourself!) Return the soup to the saucepan. Whisk in the peanut butter and chopped coriander, season with salt and pepper and heat through.
- Serve and garnish with additional chopped coriander, crushed peanuts, and/or tomatoes if you’d like.
Rate this Recipe
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0% | Vitamin C: 0% | Calcium: 0% | Iron: 0%