For sautéed corn
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1 tablespoon butter, use unsalted, if preferred
- 3 cups fresh corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic , 1 - 2 cloves
- ½ teaspoon fresh lemon or lime juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, or coriander if preferred
- Heat grill to high (no need to preheat).
- Put capsicums directly on grate, and cook 10 to 20 minutes, or until blackened in places, turning every few minutes.
- Transfer to bowl, cover with foil, and let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Peel capsicums over bowl to catch juices; discard skin.
- Cut in half, leaving stems on, and arrange cut side up in baking dish.
- Mix goat cheese with 2 tablespoon reserved capsicum juices in small bowl.
- Divide goat cheese mixture among capsicum halves. (Don’t worry if the capsicum halves are a bit misshapen.)
- Refrigerate if working ahead. Remove from fridge 1 hour before serving.
To make sautéed corn
- Heat oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add onion and ½ teaspoon salt (if using), cover, and cook 5 minutes.
- Uncover, increase heat to medium, and sauté 4 minutes more.
- Add butter, corn, and remaining ½ teaspoon salt (if using). Cook 5 minutes, or until corn is glistening but still firm.
- Stir in garlic, and cook 30 seconds. Remove from heat.
- Stir in lemon juice and parsley; season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Preheat oven to 230°C (450°F).
- Warm capsicum halves in oven 8 to 10 minutes.
- Remove when warm and spoon sautéed corn into each half. Transfer to serving plates.
- Spoon any remaining corn over and around capsicum. Garnish with chives.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra