Broccoli slaw is a variation of traditional coleslaw with shredded raw broccoli stalks substituted for cabbage. It may also contain mayonnaise, carrots, vinegar or lemon juice, sugar, salt and pepper. It is commonly served at potlucks or “covered dish” parties. It is also called broccoli cole slaw or broccoli slaw salad.
For broccoli slaw
- 2 cups shredded broccoli stems
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 cup thinly sliced red cabbage
Option 1 - Minty mayo dressing
- 1 medium cucumber
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint leaves
- ¾ cup yoghurt
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
Minty mayo dressing
- Grate cucumber into a large bowl. Add broccoli slaw and mint. Toss to combine and set aside. In a small bowl, whisk together yoghurt, honey, and cider vinegar. Pour over slaw. Toss to mix thoroughly.
- Combine the brown sugar, mustard, lemon, olive oil, sesame oil and cider vinegar. Toss with the slaw, season with salt and pepper.