This Emirati Bulgur and Lentil Salad is a quick, easy, and healthy side dish to make any time of the year
- 1 cup brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 1 cup bulgur <em>, cracked wheat</em>
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh mint
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 2 spring onions (scallions), finely chopped
- ½ small green capsicum (bell pepper), finely chopped
- ½ small red capsicum (bell pepper), finely chopped
- 1 stick celery stalk, finely chopped
- ¼ cup walnuts, toasted, chopped
- ¼ cup pitted Kalamata olives, chopped
- 100 g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Place lentils in a saucepan with 2 cups water over medium heat. Partially cover and bring to a simmer. Cook for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and place in a large bowl.
- Meanwhile, place bulgur in a bowl, cover with 2 cups boiling water and set aside for 20 minutes. Drain and add to lentils.
- Heat oil in a frying pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic and cook for 1 minute or until fragrant.
- Add garlic and remaining ingredients to lentil mixture.
- Season with salt and pepper, mix to combine and serve.
Serving: 0serving | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra