Servings: 4 servings
- 4 medium carrots
- 1 orange
- 1 medium onion
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tablespoon Chermoula Spice Blend (see recipe)
- 300 g basmati rice
- 100 g raisins
- 40 g pistachios
- 150 g baby spinach leaves
- 200 g goat's curd
- 4 tbs olive oil
- sea salt and pepper
- 1 L 4 cups water
- 1½ tsp honey
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Line an oven tray with baking paper. Peel and quarter the carrots lengthwise. Peel and cut the onion into thin wedges. Crush or finely chop the garlic.
- Combine the garlic, 1 tablespoon oil, and the chermoula spice blend on the lined tray and season well with salt and pepper. Add the carrots and onion, toss until well coated, then spread out in a single layer. Roast in the oven for 20 minutes or until tender and golden.
- Bring 1 litre (4 cups) salted water to the boil in a medium saucepan. Cook the rice in the pan of boiling water for 12 minutes or until tender. Drain, set aside and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, juice the orange. Combine the juice, honey and 1½ tbs oil in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Put the raisins in a bowl, add half the dressing and mix to combine.
- Put the pistachios in a cold medium fry-pan over medium heat. Toast, tossing, for 3-4 minutes until evenly golden. Remove from the heat. Transfer to a board and coarsely chop.
- Combine the rice, roasted carrot mixture, raisin mixture and spinach in a large bowl. Lightly whisk the remaining dressing again and pour over the salad, mixing until well combine. Divide the salad among plates. Top with the goat's curd and pistachio nuts to serve.
Oven temperatures are for conventional ovens, set to fan-forced
Serving: 0g | Calories: 0kcal | Carbohydrates: 0g | Protein: 0g | Fat: 0g | Saturated Fat: 0g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 0g | Monounsaturated Fat: 0g | Trans Fat: 0g | Cholesterol: 0mg | Sodium: 0mg | Potassium: 0mg | Fiber: 0g | Sugar: 0g | Vitamin A: 0IU | Vitamin C: 0mg | Calcium: 0mg | Iron: 0mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra