This Vietnamese vegetable stir-fry dish is a good accompaniment to steamed rice, or served with a fish sauce and diced red chillies.
- 300 g potatoes, peeled, sliced into matchstick size pieces
- 200 g string beans, ends trimmed, cut very thinly on the diagonal
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped finely
- 1 - 2 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- 4 tablespoons toasted sesame seeds, for garnish
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
- Peel the potatoes and cut into matchstick size strips and place in a bowl, cover with water, and set aside until ready to use
- Heat the oil in a wok, add the chopped garlic and stir-fry until fragrant (about 2 minutes)
- Drain the potato sticks and add to the wok. Stir-fry for about 1 minute.
- Add salt, to taste, and gently stir to combine. Cover wok with a lid and allow potatoes to cook on a low heat until almost done. (stir gently if necessary to ensure an even colour)
- Add the finely sliced green beans and 2 tablespoons of sesame seeds, stir to combine, cover wok, and allow to cook for a further 3 - 5 minutes until beans are just done. Stir gently as necessary
- Remove from the heat and spoon the vegetables into a serving bowl. Garnish with the remaining sesame seeds.
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra