Servings: 6 servings (2 tacos per serving)
For the Mexican-inspired walnut mince :
- 2 cups coarsely chopped raw walnuts, (see note 1)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes
- 1½ tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh coriander (cilantro)
- ¾ tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1½ teaspoon chilli powder, or to taste
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
For the taco fillings :
To garnish and serve :
- 12 sprigs fresh coriander (cilantro)
- 2 limes, cut into wedges
Rate & Comment on this this Recipe
For the walnut mince :
- Combine the walnuts, sun-dried tomatoes, lime juice, coriander (cilantro), water, ground cumin, chilli powder, smoked paprika, salt and black pepper in a food processor; pulse a few times to just combine, ensuring to not over process and turn into a paste. Taste and add more chilli powder and/or salt, if needed.
To assemble the tacos :
- Divide the corn tortillas among serving plates.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of the filling on each tortilla, then add some diced tomato, a few slivers of cabbage or lettuce, slices of avocado, a spoonful of salsa verde, a dollop of yoghurt.
To serve :
- Garnish with a sprig of coriander (cilantro) and serve with lime wedges.
- Optional : Place walnuts in a bowl of room temperature water and leave to soak for 20 minutes. Drain before adding to the food processor.
- Lettuce can be used in place of the red cabbage.
- For a vegan taco use nondairy yoghurt or nondairy sour cream.
- The walnut crumble filling can be refrigerated for up to 1 week or frozen for up to 3 months.Optional :
Serving: 1serving (2 tacos) | Calories: 457kcal | Carbohydrates: 29g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 37g | Saturated Fat: 4g | Cholesterol: 2mg | Sodium: 601mg | Potassium: 1357mg | Fiber: 11g | Sugar: 12g | Vitamin A: 1320IU | Vitamin C: 35.8mg | Calcium: 117mg | Iron: 4.1mg
Like this recipe?Follow us @csoftwareaustra