Perfect for an impromptu al fresco meal out on the deck, or after a long day at work – it’s made with common pantry items too (okay, maybe you won’t find the artichoke hearts in every pantry)
Quick Springtime Pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 400 g can tomatoes
- handful basil leaves, chopped
- 400 g spaghetti
- 290 g jar artichoke hearts, cut into bite size pieces
- handful freshly grated parmesan
- handful Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, chopped
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Tip in the garlic and cook for 1 minute until lightly coloured.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, then stir in the basil. Bring to the boil, then turn down the heat and leave to gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the spaghetti according to pack instructions.
- Drain the spaghetti, reserving a little of the cooking water separately, then return to the pan.
- Add the artichokes to the tomato sauce until heated through, then pour it over the spaghetti.
- Stir in a little parmesan, most of the chopped parsley and a splash of the cooking water if the sauce looks dry.
- Serve immediately with the remaining parmesan and parsley sprinkled over.
Rate this Recipe